Monday, December 08, 2014

Mesabatan Biu ( Banana War )

Morning Friends, back to My Trips My Experience, I give an title to my journey at last weekend, I hear some unique information, this tell about a unique tradition at Tenganan village. As I know Tenganan has Megeret Pandan ( Pandan War ) but this is the other one, that is Mesabatan Biu ( Banana war ) , I am glad to hear that, that the reason make me visit this village again. Mesabatan Biu is a unique tradition at Tenganan. The purpose of this ceremony for choice a leader and vice of gatherings of youngest people at Tenganan village western part by the river ( Tenganan Dauh Tukad ). That the fine time I visit Tenganan village, I can see the procession of this ceremony and the other ceremony are held at third mouth (Aci Katiga).


When arrived in early morning at Tenganan village, I saw  all of the youngest people find a banana fruit and coconut for held the ceremony. Just one thing make me so surprise, I saw the weapon in this war they used Banana fruit. Banana Fruit be a weapon??? before I arrived this village, I don't know how can the names of this war can be banana war, I know  I got the meaning ,that's the reason why this war named Banana War because they used banana fruits. The main area of this war is  held at the area of Bale Agung Temple, I stand at the Bale Lantang (long building) to stand at the good place to take a photo. I saw 16 person, the local people told the 16 person  had been choice by the leader of village, the 16 person will fight or throw the leader and vice candidates by the banana fruit. On the corner of the street stand up the candidates and  in the front stand up the 16 person, the candidates must pass the banana war, if the candidate arrive at the temple they can be the leader and vice of gatherings of youngest people at this village, the war is ending by eating together at the temple. This is My Trips My Experience today, see i unique ceremony at Tenganan Village

No comments: